Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2013

What I learned on Twitter in under five minutes

Today I learned some cool things on Twitter, in under five minutes, all while I was drinking my coffee. I wanted to share some of these facts and opportunities with you!



1893: Birth of perennially popular US short-story writer, critic & poet . Her COMPLETE POEMS:

First, it is the birthday of Dorothy Parker! When I was younger (ok I still do it) I tried to pattern myself for this woman writer of the 1920s, known for her sharp wit and place at the Algonquin Round Table. Oh, how I dream of staying at the Algonquin, and seeing that table for myself!



. Community Week presents free DSO concerts across metro , Sept. 25-29! More info + reserve tix:


Wow, a free concert from the Detroit Symphony Orchestra? Yes, please! I already reserved my free tickets, and I am looking forward to the show!




How about a behind-the-scenes tour of the Opera house and 6 other Detroit theatres with - Aug. 31?

This is an amazing opportunity presented by Preservation Detroit! I wish I could make it to this event, because it looks like it would be very informative and interesting, as well as one with beautiful architeture.






This is another event I wish I could attend, but can't tonight. This is also an event if you want to go, you should jump on right now, since this is the last night. I have attended a few times before, and it is always a great time.


And there you have it! Three awesome events in Detroit, and the birthday of one of the most powerful voices in women's literary history - And I learned about it all in the time it takes to drink a cup of coffee!




1 comment:

I'd love it if you commented!