Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

Random 5 Friday

This is my first time participating, how fun!


1. Last night, I watched Streetcar Named Desire with my friends. I had been hoping for some steamy weather for the viewing, and received a heat wave instead! Temperatures this week have been around 103 degrees with the heat index. Very hot for Michigan! And Marlon Brando was super hot in that movie, although his character was not a good one.

2. My nephew had surgery this week. Poor buddy. He was born with some special needs, and had surgery to help with a few of them. I am hoping he feels better very soon, but it is going to be tough for him to wear a full leg cast for 6 weeks in the middle of summer.


3.  Sunday I went out with a long time friend to the DIA to see a movie. We saw Augustine, and..are still processing it. Afterwards we went to the Sugar House, a favorite of ours. We washed that movie right out of our brains. I of course had the Havana Sour, while she enjoyed the Part and Parcel.


4. Last Saturday I had the best day with my husband, my brother and sister-in-law canoeing. We canoed together 6 miles, with a few mishaps but lots of laughing. We followed the trip up with drinks at a few local breweries. 


5.  I have been getting ready all week long for my photography show on August 10th! It is a lot of work, but I am really excited - and nervous!! This is one I am thinking about including, a beach scene from Ocean Beach in California. 







21 comments:

  1. Oh looks like you are having a fine summer, with friends, family, cold drinks, movies, canoe rides...sure hop;e your nephew recovers quickly and is able to enjoy some of the summertime. Good luck on your photography show!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And you are right, my summer is going well. :)

      Delete
  2. we take kayaks all the time - bet that was great exercise. great views. have a good weekend. ( :

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are used to kayaking - usually that is what we rent when we go up north. This year we decided to canoe since we never do - and learned that we enjoy kayaking more. Those canoes are like battering rams that are impossible to turn quickly! Lol. It was still very fun though.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like summertime fun..prayers for your nephew..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And yes, we are very much enjoying the summertime. :)

      Delete
  4. So nice to see you at Tuesday Muse and I love the fun summer photos you shared!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live for kayaking!! And your life sounds so fun & full of living! I admire & appreciate that. Thanks for your visit to my blog & comments, also appreciated! Glad our lines crossed - I'm going to follow along - intrigued with that gorgeous photo of yours, too!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Dotti! :)

      Amanda - kayaking is so fun! I wish I could do more of it, and it is a goal to do just that. :) Wetry to have as many experiences as we can. Thanks for stopping in, and thanks for the follow. I really enjoyed reading your blog as well - just the name of it alone caught my interest!

      Delete
  5. That's a gorgeous photo. I look at it and think.. why am i not at the beach?? I should be.. instead of sitting in my living room in the suburbs watching TV with hubby. Of course, that's fun too, but then the beach is fabulous..

    I love Street Car Named Desire. And yes, Marlon Brando is smokin' in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you!! I am not at the beach either - I am watching tv in the suburbs with my husband too. Lol. But I remember our time on the beach.

      And Marlon Brando in Streetcar!Phew. Hotness.

      Delete
  6. Oh your beach scene is fabulous. Wish I was there. Wow you are doing your own photography show, how cool is that.
    I've never seen a Streetcar Named Desire but Vivien Leigh was awesome in Gone With The Wind (my personal favorite movie of all time.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so nervous! It is my first ever showing. Eek!

      Vivien Leigh was amazing in Gone With the Wind. I grew up watching it, it is my mother's favorite movie, and I agree, it is very good. In Streetcar, she brings the crazy. I can't get over her crazy eyes or her southern demeanor. What an amazing actress with a broad range.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like you are having a great summer... And good luck with your show... Thanks for visiting me on my blog...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely trying to make the most of it before I go back to work. I try to cram in as much time with family and friends as I can. :) Thanks for the good luck wishes! :)

      Delete
  8. Well, your Random 5 are quite exciting Erin. Wishing fast healing for your nephew and good luck to you with your photography show! Exciting. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am sure not all of my weeks are so exciting, but this one was pretty cool. :)

      Delete
  9. I assume the Havana punch is the pink one? Sign me up! I feel badly for your nephew in a cast in the heat...yuck!

    A photography show-how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the Havana Sour is the pink one! It is very refreshing actually. Lol. And yes, my poor nephew is so miserable right now. :(

      I am excited and nervous about the show. :)

      Delete
  10. I just have to say - Life in general around Detroit looks Spectacular to me . . the Media there should get smart and have you represent the city . . . then everyone would see it as a slice of heaven.
    -g-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you so much! That is quite the compliment! And that would be an awesome job! :)

      Delete

I'd love it if you commented!